Milwaukee, Wisconsin, This position will be responsible for all aspects relative to the marketing and game day experience for fans attending Marquette athletics events.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Plan, direct, and execute game production efforts for women’s basketball, and women’s volleyball including the creation of game scripts, music/band promotions, videoboard content, cheer/mascot, and on-court presentations.
2. Enhance enthusiasm for the department and awareness of all sports programs at Marquette University.
3. Supervision of student employees for the marketing department.
4. Work with Associate AD of Marketing and Sales to develop ads to be run in external and internal publications on campus and in community.
5. Assist with creation of design elements, including print collateral, social media graphics and other design pieces for the department.
6. Staff special promotions events both on and off campus that assist with community outreach initiatives.
7. Coordinate on-campus activation methods to promote upcoming games and increase exposure of Marquette Athletics.
8. Implement effective marketing of promotions and events via all channels and media, e.g. GoMarquette.com, social media, print, electronic media, Marquette Gameday app etc.
9. Day-to-day management of athletics e-blasts, including newsletters, ticket promotions, week-of emails, game day text alerts, etc.
10. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested. Bachelor’s degree required in related field. (ie. Marketing).
Previous work experience in college marketing required. Prefer 2-3 years minimum work experience
This position must have a strong background and knowledge of market analysis and promotional strategies in order to maximize potential.
Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and other Office products as well as Ticketmaster and Archtics is preferred.