University of Minnesota Duluth
Duluth, Minnesota, Responsible for the UMD Athletics marketing and event management programs, promotional sales, and marketing of Intercollegiate Athletics at UMD. This position is also responsible for select communications and advertising duties, student internship program, and post graduate internship program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(70%) Represent the Athletics Department in all Marketing & Advertising issues and direct all efforts relating to the exposure and promotion of all aspects of the Athletics programs to all our constituency groups including local groups, state groups, student groups and national groups.
• Developing and implementing brand strategies, marketing plans and strategies for all varsity sport programs as well as other department entities and units.
• Coordinate several other efforts within the department, including managing promotional items and materials to outside groups, developing season/game marketing plans, creating game scripts to match those game marketing plans, and organizing other special events.
• Manage in-game promotions and marketing material distribution.
• Coordinate and assist the ticket office for all ticketing operations including but not limited to outbound sales, customer service, group packages, secondary development inquires, fulfillment, event staffing and development of ticket campaigns and special offerings.
• Oversight of post grad interns and undergraduate students.
(20%) Oversight of event management and the gameday experience for the department.
• This position will be responsible for creating a dynamic gameday environment for home events.
• Constructing an enjoyable and memorable game day experience at athletic events by working collaboratively with the marching/pep band, student group’s spirit squad, alumni association, game operations crew, etc.
• Providing coordination and implementation of technology including video production services and design during events.
• Ensuring that all UMD athletic facilities have the necessary equipment to fulfill the event management needs.
• Responsibilities include, but not limited to, planning, assisting in the budgeting process, and in developing and implementing the goals and objectives of the Athletic Department as it relates to event experiences.
(10%) This position assists the revenue generation of soliciting and selling of corporate partnerships through detailed marketing and creative solutions.
• Developing strong relationships within the department.
• Understanding the strategic goals and objectives of the department.
• Deliver on individual and team revenue goals through the selling and creation of marketing packages using traditional, digital, and other non-traditional marketing channels to meet client’s objectives.
• Develop and maintain strong, lasting relationships with both current and potential corporate sponsors.
Visit the link below and search: 350467 or email resume to email@example.com
https://hr.myu.umn.edu/psc/hrprd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBLPage=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&ACTION=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1& Qualifications Required Qualifications: BA/BS plus at least four years of experience.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.marketinghire.com/jobs/rss/17204612/assistant-athletic-director-for-marketing-event→